Guess the secret organic chemical
Each guess must be the name of an organic chemical. Either the systematic IUPAC name or the common name of the chemical is accepted. As you type in the name
of the chemical, OChemdle will look up that chemical, and if it is recognized will display the molecular structure of the chemical. After OChemdle has recognized
your chemical name, you may officially guess it by clicking the "Guess" button.
After you enter a valid guess, OChemdle will give you a similarity score between your guess and the secret organic chemical ranging from 0 to 1.
Yesterday's secret organic chemical:
There's a new secret chemical everyday starting at midnight your local time.
Hints Feeling stuck? Try the following:
- Try entering names of organic molecules with different functional groups. Try Amines, Alcohols, Ethers, Aldehydes, Carboxylic Acids, Ketones, Nitriles,
- Try designing a molecule from scratch using our molecule design tool. Then copy the molecule IUPAC name
into the Molecule Name guess field.
- Getting close? You can also click on the molecule name of one of your guesses to view that molecule in our molecule design tool. Change a few bonds.
Change the stereochemistry. Try adding or removing a few atoms. Then try using the IUPAC name of your new molecule in the Molecule Name guess field.
- New to Molecular Pathway Generator? Try one of our tutorials for designing molecules!
- Check out the blog for the Molecular Pathway Generator project! Many of the secret organic chemicals can be found in various entries.
- Click on one of the hint buttons for further information about the molecule.